Findability is the art and science of making content easy to find. – Carl Frappaolo, “Market IQ on Findability,” AIIM Publishing, 2008
Simply put, content without access is worthless.
Organizations spend countless time and effort developing and publishing content, both within enterprise shared drives, intranets, knowledge repositories, collaboration sites and e-mail systems, and externally on corporate extranets and internet sites. But all of that content is rendered virtually useless if it cannot be quickly and intuitively retrieved.
Establishing a enterprise strategy for findability is possible. Findability is a combination of library science, language arts and the art of user interface design. It leverages multiple disciplines and technologies including meta tagging, search engines, text analytics, semantic analysis, relevancy ranking, taxonomies, and ontologies.
But despite the availability of many tools and techniques, most organizations fail to provide their employees and customers with an adequate search experience. In fact. many employees have resorted to using an external search tool such as Google to find what is inside their firewall.
How we can help
- Is your organization’s search capability siloed in standalone applications such as document management systems, e-mail systems and portals, thus failing to provide a single integrated approach to search and retrieval?
- Does your organization lack a taxonomy strategy?
- Is content duplicated among individual hard drives and applications in order to provide access?
- Do you need to establish a corporate standard interface to content retrieval?
- Are you having trouble determining the right approach to integrating search and browsing (taxonomy and tagging) within your organization?
- Are your users frustrated by inadequate capabilities for finding content?
- Are you overwhelmed by technology and product choices?
If You answer Yes to any of these questions – then Information Architected can provide the assistance you need.
Our services include:
- Analysis – through whitepapers and case studies
- Consulting – strategy development specifically designed to maximize the effectiveness of search, tagging and taxonomy in your organization, solution architectures, gap analysis and change management strategies
- Education – ranging from half-day executive briefings to multi-day training that includes technology overviews and a hands-on design methodology
We develop customized strategies and implementation plans for Findability and construction of the information architecture and governance to properly support your Findability initiative.
Though no two implementations will be exactly the same, there are critical best practices to implementation that should be followed. Information Architected provides the guidance and methodologies necessary to ensure the success of your Findability initiative.
If you are tired of the unapproachable, expensive, “ivory tower” consultants and analysts of the world, or the integrators who only promote the solution they resell, we are the antidote to provide realistic, affordable and relevant strategic solutions for your business needs.
Information Architected, is open to Discuss, Debate, Consult and Educate.