Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is not a technology, despite the marketing hype! ECM is a family of technologies, leveraged individually and collectively to maximize the reuse and sharing of corporate intellectual property, while simultaneously lowering the risk from potential misuse.
The advent of digital content has opened up the door to opportunity for every organization. Content can be created at rates never before imagined, ranging from simple word processing files to digital video. A single e-mail, can share content with literally thousands of people around the globe, instantly.
More importantly – enterprise content can be managed and manipulated to drive specific business practices and outcomes. Content no longer has to be a passive resource, filed away awaiting retrieval. It can be integrated into processes and applications to drive decision making, establish communities, trigger actions and become self-policing.
But the challenge of ECM is two fold. To maximize ROI on content, access should be wide and open. To minimize the risk associated with misappropriation of content, access must be monitored and controlled. ECM strategies must balance these two seemingly opposing objectives, and define a business and technology approach to support that balance.
Organizations are building ECM platforms to:
- Maximize reuse of content
- Minimize risk from misuse of content
- Establish corporate information governance
- Develop a corporate information architecture
- Align business processes to corporate information resources
- Increase the effectiveness of corporate intranets and enterprise websites
How we can help
- Confused by best of breed component technology solutions versus ECM suites?
- Need a strategy to configure and customize an ECM solution platform that integrates technologies such as document management, workflow, web content management, content security, records management, search, taxonomy, imaging and meta data
- Wondering how to position ECM within your organization to both drive collaboration and content sharing, as well as manage compliance and content security?
- Do you need to migrate and integrate legacy applications and content repositories into an ECM?
- Need to reconcile collaboration with corporate governance?
If You answer Yes to any of these questions – then Information Architected can provide the assistance you need.
Our services include:
- Analysis – through whitepapers and case studies
- Consulting – strategy development specifically designed to maximize the effectiveness of ECM in your organization, including needs assessments, readiness assessments, business architectures, gap analysis and governance
- Education – ranging from half-day executive briefings to a multi-day training that includes ECM technology overviews, design methodology, strategy development and implementation guidelines
We develop customized strategies and implementation plans for ECM and specifically provide needs assessments, change management planning, and construction of the information architecture and governance that properly support your ECM platform.
Though no two implementations will be exactly the same, there are critical best practices to implementation that should be followed. Information Architected provides the guidance and methodologies necessary to ensure the success of your ECM initiative.
If you are tired of the unapproachable, expensive, “ivory tower” consultants and analysts of the world, or the integrators who only promote the solution they resell, we are the antidote to provide realistic, affordable and relevant strategic solutions for your business needs.
Information Architected, is open to Discuss, Debate, Consult and Educate.